Home > News > Winter Help for Residents

Contact our Highways Team

Norfolk County Council
Tel: 0344 800 8020
Email: information@norfolk.gov.uk

North area office
(Covering Broadland, North Norfolk and Great Yarmouth district council areas)
Burgh Road, Aylsham, Norwich, NR11 6AR
Tel: 0344 800 8020

South area office
(Covering South Norfolk and Breckland district council areas)
Station Lane, Hethersett, Norwich, NR9 3AZ
Tel: 0344 800 8020

West Area office
(Covering King’s Lynn & West Norfolk Borough Council area)
Poplar Avenue, Saddlebow, King’s Lynn, Norfolk, PE34 3AQ
Tel: 0344 800 8020

Norwich Area office
Norfolk County Council
County Hall
Martineau Lane
Norfolk NR1 2DH
Tel: 0344 800 8020

Winter Gritting – Gritting – Norfolk County Council
Priorities for gritting roads have been established on the basis of the route hierarchy and level of use.  The main roads will be gritted before other routes.

Our three hour gritting runs cover a total of approximately 2,200 miles (3,500 km) on A, B and some C class roads – commuter and major bus routes and as far as is possible one route into all villages.  Some footways in the pedestrian areas of central King’s Lynn, central Great Yarmouth and central Norwich are also treated as priority.

View the map of priority gritting routes

Report a problem – Report a problem – Norfolk County Council

As the Highway Authority, Norfolk County Council maintains most of the 6,000 miles of roads in Norfolk, except:

  • Trunk roads (the A11 and A47) are managed by Highways England
  • Private roads are maintained by their owners

Report a highways defect Report a public right of way or trails defect

If you need to contact Tarmac please see below for the relevant contact email/phone number. All mailboxes will be checked regularly by multiple members of staff at Tarmac.

Public enquiries only:
Email: norfolkenquiries@tarmac.com
Phone: 0800 1 218 218

Issues relating to TMA/Permits:
Email: tmanorfolk@tarmac.com
Phone: 0800 1 218 218

General business to business issues:
Email: norfolkopsroom@tarmac.com
Phone: 0800 1 218 218

Contact our Adult Social Care Team

Before you contact us

You can search the Norfolk Community Directory to find local services to help you.

If you have a general question, you might find the answer in our care, support and health pages.

Other ways to contact us
If you need help with your care or need to report an adult at risk of harm you can contact us by phone or text relay.

 Telephone: 0344 800 8020 – this number is open 24 hours a day

Text relay: 18001 0344 800 8020 – for people with hearing or speech impairments

In an emergency call 999.

 Support for looking after someone
Our support for carers section has local services, advice, and support to help you as a carer. This includes the carer’s assessment and Carers Matter Norfolk.

Contact our Children’s Services Team

Keeping Children safe

Keeping children safe – Norfolk County Council

Report concerns
If you are concerned about a child in Norfolk and want to speak to someone, contact us on 0344 800 8020. If you consider the incident to be an emergency, call 999.

We can help keep children and young people safe throughout the coronavirus pandemic.

It is more important than ever that extended family, friends, neighbours and communities speak up and say something if they have concerns. It is everyone’s responsibility to keep children safe and report concerns. We all need to play our part.

Advice on how to keep in touch with children you know and how to spot signs of vulnerability.

Where to go for help

In an emergency, always call the police on 999.

If you are worried about the safety or welfare of a child please call us on 0344 800 8020.

If you see something, or hear something that doesn’t feel right – say something.

Where to go for help if you’re a Child
For children specifically there is a Children’s and young people Hub, which provides access advice and support if you’re a child or young person feeling scared or unsafe during the coronavirus pandemic.

Children and young people’s hub – Norfolk County Council

Flooding support

Reporting a floodIn an emergency

If people or property are in immediate danger from floodwater call 999 immediately.

Non-emergency situations  

Flooding Hotline call 0344 800 8013 to report flooding anywhere in Norfolk.

You can also report issues online.

Report drainage and flooding problems

Report drainage and flooding problems with standing water, blocked road drains and ditches, flooding property or an impassable road.

Report drainage or flooding problems

Report a burst water main or sewer flooding

Contact your service provider: Anglian Water Services or Suffolk and Essex Water.

Report flooding to your property

We will normally only progress a formal flood investigation where flooding falls into one of the following categories:

  • Internal flooding to properties
  • Flooding affecting critical infrastructure, for example, hospital or school
  • Flooding to priority roads, for example, gritting roads

The resulting report identifies causes and recommends action to prevent or alleviate the situation from happening again. Individual property addresses are not published within the reports or shared with any commercial third parties.

You can also report past flooding that has affected your property or community. This service is not for emergencies.

Report flooding to your property

If you have photos or videos of flooding, email these with a description and as much information as you can water.management@norfolk.gov.uk.